Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: The best matching high high or ultra high frequency unit for altec VOTT speakers?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member maroct8's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2007
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    RKLee, do you have a frequency response graph for the the EV T350? i've been searching online, but i couldn't find any. do you also know the lowest recommended crossover point? i just bought a pair a few days ago. i'll match it with my 290-8L driver wich does not go well past 6 or 7KHz.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by maroct8:
    RKLee, do you have a frequency response graph for the the EV T350? i've been searching online, but i couldn't find any. do you also know the lowest recommended crossover point? i just bought a pair a few days ago. i'll match it with my 290-8L driver wich does not go well past 6 or 7KHz.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, I don't have any of the sophisticated electronics that is available today.

    I know for a fact the lowest factory recommended xover point is 3,500Hz. My Altec 806s which has the Symbiotek diaphrams, don't go much over 10KHz according to my ears. I xover mine at 7kHz because my 806s can handle way more power at the lower end, and I didn't want to burn out the diaphrams. I waa a newbie at this 25 years ago. But today in a home environment power handling is probably not an issue.

    Personally, if I were in your situation, I would probably go with something like 5kHz using 18db slopes.

    BTW: The EV T350 is EV's top of the line super tweeter. Way better than their standard T35.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.